Torrance Personal Injury Attorneys
Accidents happen all the time and many cases of personal injury go unreported because the victim does not know their rights. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, it may be worth it to speak to a Torrance Personal Injury Attorney as you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. An experienced attorney may help you file a lawsuit in a timely manner and ensure your rights are protected. With a trusted legal expert on your side, you can have a little peace of mind.
What are Some Types of Personal Injury Cases?
- Slip and Fall
- If you are in the building of a business, such as a grocery store, and you slip on something carelessly left on the floor and get injured, you may have a personal injury claim. We will help advise you of your rights and walk you through what steps to take.
- Product Injury
- Product defects can be quite dangerous, especially due to the fact that they have the potential of harming or injuring large numbers of people if the defect goes unreported. Any product that causes injury, scarring, or even death should be reported and if you or someone you know has suffered any of these, you should contact a Personal Injury attorney to go over your options.
- Car Accident
- One of the most common types of personal injury cases would be car accidents. Unfortunately, millions of people become injured each year, sometimes fatally, in car accidents. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident due to someone else’s negligence as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses.
- Wrongful Death
- The term ” wrongful death ” refers to a type of lawsuit against someone whose carelessness caused the death of another person. These cases may be due to nursing home neglect, medical malpractice, construction accidents, car accidents, and more. If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, you should speak to an experienced attorney about your rights.
- Medical Malpractice
- A medical malpractice claim is when a doctor or other health care professional conducts surgery, administers treatment, incorrectly diagnoses or fails to diagnose the patient, or violates standard care resulting in injury or worse, death.
- Dog Bites
- If you are bitten or injured by a dog, no matter how minor or severe the injuries, the owner of the dog is most likely liable for what happened. This means that you have the right to pursue legal action and compensation for your injuries.
Why You Need an Attorney to Represent You in Your Personal Injury Claim
Hiring an experienced Attorney may make a large difference in your case and will significantly increase the possibility of you getting a fair settlement rather than if you do it on your own.
- It is an unfortunate truth that the insurance companies don’t want to give you the money you are entitled to. They want to lowball you as much as they can and don’t generally care how much you have suffered due to the neglect of their client. We will make sure they understand the severity of your situation and that they must give you the compensation that you deserve.
- Many things may be required for your particular case. There are complex rules of evidence and procedure to present your case to the court. Depending on the circumstances of your situation, there could be a significant amount of evidence to collect and sift through.
- An experienced attorney will be able level the playing field by negotiating settlements, navigating the process, taking your case to trial, and fighting for the compensation you deserve.
- We will listen to you, do thorough information and evidence gathering, talk to you about your options, and assist you in pursuing the course of action that you choose.
What Compensation Could You Recover?
There are many things that we consider when it comes to the dollar amount that we place on each and every case. Some of these things are:
- Medical treatment
- The main part of any personal injury case is to cover any and all medical bills that the victim has incurred. This includes the cost for treatment required for your injuries and compensation for the estimated cost of medical care you’ll need in the future because of the accident.
- You may be entitled to compensation for the accident’s impact on your salary and wages-not just income you’ve already lost but even the money you would have been able to make in the future, had it not been for the accident.
- Property loss
- If a vehicle or other items were damaged or destroyed as a result of the accident, you are entitled to funds for repairs or compensation for the property that was lost.
- Pain and suffering
- You may also be entitled to receive compensation for pain caused by the accident, as well as mental distress, such as PTSD from the accident.